If you are looking to build your rental investment portfolio, you will want to weigh your options on the kind of rental you will purchase next. Some landlords prefer single-family homes while others prefer multi-family, but if you're not sure which one would better suit your business and what you're looking for, you may want to take a look below at a few articles that we have put together for you to get you started on that decision.
- Mortgages - If you have only owned single-family properties in your rental portfolio and are interested in branching out into multi-family properties, make sure to do some research on applying for a mortgage. Financing a multi-family property will be a bit different.
- Which is More Profitable? - In business, you will be looking to make a profit. When it comes time to make a decision about your next real estate investment purchase, you will want to weigh the profitability of the types of properties that you are looking to invest in.
- Pros and Cons - As with most decisions in life there are pros and cons for both single-family and multi-family investments. You will need to weigh those carefully and decide which one matches what you are looking for and the direction that you would like to take your rental business.
- Knowing When to Branch Out - If you have only owned single-family rentals, it may be a bit daunting to consider buying a multi-family unit. Knowing if and when you should take that leap and expand your business can be a difficult question, but we have a few tips for you to help you weigh your options.
- Unique Challenges - Shifting your business to encompass multi-unit properties can come with some new challenges that you may not have thought about if you have only owned and managed single-family rentals up until this point.
Article Content Originally Posted by: Landlord Station. (July.2016). “5 Things You Need to Know About Single vs Multi-Family Rentals?” Landlord Station. Retrieved 17, Oct. 2017 from: http://www.landlordstation.com/blog/5-things-you-need-to-know-about-single-vs-multi-rentals/
For More Relative Topics Click Here